Canada has one of the highest living standards and ranks among the top ten for being the happiest country. The people here are welcoming to foreign cultures. Besides work visas in Canada for Indians, the country also offers access to local exclusives, preparing you for a new life.
Nonetheless, life in Canada can be pretty interesting, provided you have the right documents ready and submitted on time. Continue reading to find out about the intrinsic details.
Type Of Work Visa in Canada For Indian Citizens
As a foreign national, you will need a work permit to continue your professional life in Canada. There are two types of work permits that you can settle for:
– Employer-Specific Work Permit
With an employer-specific work permit, you can only join a specific employer. Ensure the employer has a positive LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) and has provided you with an offer letter.
– Open Work Permit
With an open work permit, you can continue to work for any employer in Canada. However, avoid working with the ones listed as ineligible to comply with Canadian working conditions and specific work environments, which include erotic dance, massages, and escort services.
Other than these two, you can apply for a Skilled Work Visa in Canada from India, provided you have successfully abided by the minimum requirements:
- Skilled work experience
- Education qualification
- Language ability
Work Visa in Canada for Indians: Eligibility Criteria
The criteria are as follows:
- For an employer-specific work permit, you need to have an offer letter. It is not mandatory for an open work visa.
- Adequate proof that you are in good health and will leave Canada once your permit expires.
- Proper financial evidence that you have enough money to sustain your stay.
- Proof of criminal records showing you are not a threat to Canada’s security.
Canada Work Permit Requirements
The work permit requirements are:
- Two passport-size photographs (recent)
- A valid passport
- Certificates of educational qualification
- Proof of professional qualification
- Application fee
- Medical examination reports
- Police verification certificate
How Can You Apply for a Work Visa to Canada From India?
Generally, the processing time for a Canada work permit from India ranges between 5 to 36 weeks, depending on the work permit you have chosen to apply for.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the government of Canada.
- Step 2: From the available list of options in the ‘Menu’ tab, select ‘Immigration & Citizenship.’
- Choose the ‘Work’ option. Then click on the ‘Get a Work Permit’ on the following page.
- Click on ‘Apply for a Work Permit.’ Then select the ‘How to Apply’ tab. Scroll down and choose to apply for a work visa in Canada.
- Select an online application and choose India as your home country.
- Now fill up the form with adequate details and upload the same with sufficient documents.
- Complete the visa payment online and receive an interview schedule with the Canada visa application centre.
- Successful applications will receive an interview call within a few days.
Whether applying for a Skilled Work Visa in Canada or other visa types, you will be exposed to excellent work life in the new city, which together will make for a great experience. Later on, if you plan to make a permanent shift to Canada, apply for a permanent residency there.